SG Studio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SG Studio

The goal of SG Studio is to create the first ever fan made Pokemon game

that encompasses the first four generations of regions.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Introduction to Pokémon Trident Version

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Introduction to Pokémon Trident Version Empty Introduction to Pokémon Trident Version Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:39 am

SilentGamer64

SilentGamer64
Admin

Download it here!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/en5fh44obyxm38r/Pok%C3%A9mon+Trident+Version+Alpha+Demo.zip

FOR MAC USERS:

This game engine is primarily for PC, so Mac's won't be able to run the game normally. In addition to downloading game, you will need to download a program called "Winebottler". Here's the link:

http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

I will also link a helpful video on how to use Winebottler here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkS8i_blVCA

Mac users, please be aware that if the Winebottler program doesn't work for you for some reason, I cannot help you as I have very limited knowledge when it comes to Macs. So please, do not come to me with questions on why the game doesn't work on your Mac, because all I can tell you is that it isn't the game's fault and that I will not be able to solve your problem. Either do some online research on how to fix your problem, or try contacting someone with more knowledge on the subject of Winebottler or running PC programs on Macs in general.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR DOWNLOADING:

Greetings Pokémon fans! My name is Sean (on the internet I prefer to be called SilentGamer64) This is a game I've been working on for the past year or so. My goal with this project is to create the first fan-made Pokémon game that encompasses the first four generations of regions. So with that in mind, let me introduce to you Pokémon Trident Version!

Introduction to Pokémon Trident Version EhzymRN

The game is free-to-play and will feature all Pokémon and regions from Generations 1-4. I could have worked all the way up to Generations 5 and 6, but seeing that four different regions is already very ambitious as it is, I’m just going to cut it off at Generation 4. Anyhow, moving on...

Graphic Style:

Plot:

New Features (both finished and planned):

General Progress of the Game:

Controls:

A few things explained in more detail:

- Transitioning Between Regions (General):

This is the most controversial part of most multi-gen proposals for Pokémon games. My system is a mix of ideas I’ve found on the internet combined with ideas of my own. So here’s the deal with Region switching:
Spoiler:

- Transitioning between Regions (Changes to the Player):
Spoiler:

Screenshots
Screenshots:

- Closing thoughts:
As Pokémon Trident Version is a WIP, there will be some very noticable things in the game that are either unfinished, visually sloppy, or inaccurate to the Gen 3 aesthetic that I'm going for. This includes battle animations, the battle menus, and other related graphics. These are things that I decided to hold off on until I can get more feedback and see how well the game does in terms of reception. You can also expect to see various bugs and glitches pop up within the game. Obviously I've done as much as I can to give players the best experience possible, but nobody's perfect. If you do find errors, bugs, glitches, etc, please report them in the Bug Reporting section HERE.

So now that you're informed about Pokemon Trident Version, you're probably ready to give it a try. Click on the link at the top of the post to download it. Enjoy!

CREDITS:

NOTE: If your work was represented in this game without being credited, or you have questions/concerns about how I credited you and your work, please contact me either here on the forums through PM, or at spc543@att.net so we can sort it out. I make it my mission to fairly credit every piece of work used in Trident, but if your work was misrepresented on the website I obtained it from, or if I misrepresented your work by mistake, I apologize and encourage you to contact me so we can work it out.

DISCLAIMER: As this is a game that is using the Pokémon name, characters, and environments, I am not allowed to make any money off of Trident. That being said, this also means that players cannot make any money off of it either, or else they risk the entire project getting shut down. With this in mind, please do not solicit this game for money. If you plan to stream or post pictures or videos of the game on sites like Youtube, please be sure to adhere by that site's copyright policy. The fewer run-ins this game has with Nintendo, Game Freak, and the like, the better.

Last edited by SilentGamer64 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://sgstudio.rpg-board.net

neesy

neesy

Sick progress man, downloading as we speak.

Some suggestions:

- It'd be nice if we got some custom costumes, if you're stuck for ideas the Pokemon Battle Revolution had quite a few costumes.

- Feel free to replace any music you want tbh, there are some gym / elite four, etc battles that have rather dull music to what's available, if you want to keep with the 8-bit theme, chipzel's music is grand.

SilentGamer64

SilentGamer64
Admin

Currently there are 4 different costumes the player can use, 2 male and 2 female. You'll start out with default Red/Green costumes, and once you get into Johto you can unlock Ethan/Kris' clothes (Gold/Silver protagonists). I think I said this once before, but custom costumes take quite a bit of time to do. If it was just a single walking animation, I would have done more, but the player's character also needs animations for stuff like running, surfing, and throwing out their pokeballs during battle.

Example:

Spoiler:

These are all the character outfits currently in the game. As you can see, each character needs at least 8 different animations for different actions. It's not that I don't appreciate the suggestion, but at that point I think I would rather keep working on other gameplay elements, bugs and glitches, and uploading an update so players can continue the story, and save working on costumes for later.

Customizable music could be a thing in the foreseeable future. There was actually a custom music option in the PokeGear's Jukebox, but I took it out because it only allowed me to pick the available music to put on it. If I do re-implement it, I will try to get it so that the player can put their own music on for both battles and background music. I had to test the entire game 3 times over, so I totally understand the default music being repetitive. But just so you know, by the time you get to Johto the default background and battle music will have changed to match the music from Gold/Silver, so the repetitive themes you hear in Kanto are going to stay in Kanto.

DreuxPhoenix

DreuxPhoenix

I am Dreux Phoenix, and I approve of this game because Pokemon.

neesy

neesy

Fair enough, I forgot that they were sprites (RIP me); I was just derping and thinking they were textures lol. But yeah I definately see how that's a problem for a one-man studio.

TheAandZ

TheAandZ

If you're going to go deeper into character customization from the four right now at least make an equal amount of costumes for guys and girls. Unlike Pokémon X/Y

SilentGamer64

SilentGamer64
Admin

That's the plan. Whenever I get around to doing more costumes, they'll be in male/female pairs.

neesy

neesy

KKK costume or we riot

DreuxPhoenix

DreuxPhoenix

Will we be able to use pieces of clothing used by main series characters? Such as Michael from Pokemon XD (Orre Region), or Brendan from Gen III Hoenn region?

SilentGamer64

SilentGamer64
Admin

neesy wrote:KKK costume or we riot

No KKK costume or civil activists riot.

DreuxPhoenix wrote:Will we be able to use pieces of clothing used by main series characters? Such as Michael from Pokemon XD (Orre Region), or Brendan from Gen III Hoenn region?

Brendan/May and Lucas/Dawn are all planned costumes. Never really thought about the characters from Colosseum or XD. I didn't really want to touch the Orre Region given the fact that the four main regions I have planned is already ambitious as it is. But as for the character costumes, I could probably put in the male/female team from Colosseum and maybe come up with a female version of the XD protagonist to complement the male version.

Edit: Look what I found on the internet...

Spoiler:

Interesting...

neesy

neesy

Will give your game a shot on friday, tell ya how it goes

DreuxPhoenix

DreuxPhoenix

I really hate the slow internet at my house.
Its downloading...and downloading... and downloading...

SilentGamer64

SilentGamer64
Admin

The anticipation must be killing you. Still, the demo will probably take over twice as long for you to beat. Unless youre a speed runner.

neesy

neesy

SilentGamer64 wrote:The anticipation must be killing you. Still, the demo will probably take over twice as long for you to beat. Unless youre a speed runner.

If that actually did pan out what would be your reaction lol? People systimatically breaking your game to go fast

SilentGamer64

SilentGamer64
Admin

IDK, as long as they report what it was they broke and how they broke it I wouldn't care, since I would just patch it in an update.

But from a practical standpoint, I'd rather people take their time and enjoy the game. It also makes it easier for players to pick out bugs when they take it slow.

neesy

neesy

Anyway to increase the game window / play fullscreen?

EDIT: Nevermind, worked it out lol

SilentGamer64

SilentGamer64
Admin

neesy wrote:Anyway to increase the game window / play fullscreen?

EDIT: Nevermind, worked it out lol

Yeah, it's not hard to find. But for future reference for those who don't know where to look, the screen size toggle is in the "options" of the start menu.

neesy

neesy

A quick load option would be nice, it's annoying having to quit the game just so I can load another save, also nice if you're grinding for a rare pokemon's breed. Also will all 3 starters be attainable in a pokemon yellow-esque fashion?

SilentGamer64

SilentGamer64
Admin

neesy wrote:A quick load option would be nice, it's annoying having to quit the game just so I can load another save, also nice if you're grinding for a rare pokemon's breed. Also will all 3 starters be attainable in a pokemon yellow-esque fashion?

I was actually thinking about that myself, since I'm currently switching between two different save files in my game for various testing purposes.

Funny you should ask that, because I actually planned for certain little events to give you the other starters as gifts. Unfortunately, you are currently only able to get two of the three starters. The one you started with, and the extra one that neither you nor your rival picked. I have something special planned for the third starter, but it requires the player to complete Johto first, which isn't even complete yet. But yes, all three starters from each region will be obtainable at some point.

Speaking of Pokemon Yellow, I hid a little surprise in Oak's Lab. Take a look around the room before you pick your starter. Wink

neesy

neesy

Speaking of Pokemon Yellow, I hid a little surprise in Oak's Lab. Take a look around the room before you pick your starter

Haven't found it yet but, inb4 pikachu ;]

SilentGamer64

SilentGamer64
Admin

neesy, F12 will actually take you back to the load screen when you're in-game. I did some digging and discovered that the function was already there. I'll probably add some more information about the controls in the OP.

neesy

neesy

SilentGamer64 wrote:neesy, F12 will actually take you back to the load screen when you're in-game. I did some digging and discovered that the function was already there. I'll probably add some more information about the controls in the OP.

Nice one mate, would be nice if this was made evident. E.G: when you save "Game is saved. Press F12 to reload save state."

SilentGamer64

SilentGamer64
Admin

Spoiler:

It's cut off at the end because I took the screenshot too early, but it should tell the player to "Press F12 to return to the save file screen" every time now.

neesy

neesy

Nice one mae, also didn't find easter egg in Oak's lab :c

Here's an idea though, seperate rivals depending on the Island you're on and, small references by important NPCs in regards to how you're the prior Island's Elite Four Champion.

SilentGamer64

SilentGamer64
Admin

neesy wrote:Nice one mae, also didn't find easter egg in Oak's lab :c

Here's an idea though, seperate rivals depending on the Island you're on and, small references by important NPCs in regards to how you're the prior Island's Elite Four Champion.

SilentGamer64 wrote:Speaking of Pokemon Yellow, I hid a little surprise in Oak's Lab. Take a look around the room before you pick your starter.

If you already picked your starter, the event disappears. Start a new file and try interacting with the machine to the left when Oak tells you to choose a starter.

Already planned on it. In fact, if you're familiar with the storyline of G/S/C, you'll know that the player will have an interaction with a distinguished E4 member halfway through Johto. But yes, there will most definitely be some dialogue that references you as the champion, and that plot point will carry over to future regions.

Also, if you haven't seen it already, check out my new thread about a possible update.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum